The purpose of this assignment is to develop a Languages Arts lesson appropriate for ELLs that include brain compatible activities. The student will include activities that accommodate different types of learner while keeping them engaged. A narrative will also be included which will highlight the sections of the lesson that are brain compatible.
- Identify a specific grade level in language Arts to be taught.
- Include Florida State Standards for ESOL/language arts (LAFS) at that grade level.
- Specify the outcomes (what you want the students to learn) you want the students to achieve.
- Lesson needs to show evidence of differentiated instruction based on P-12 students’ needs and/ or interests
- Activities need to be brain- compatible, culturally responsive, and engaging to students.
- Write a narrative to provide a rationale for your activity, and explain why the show best practice.