a. Choose a specific diagnosis relevant to the age and setting with which you wish to work
b. Locate a fictional case that exemplifies that diagnosis. The case should be similar to the cases you have been doing in class and as homework.
c. Using the modified model below, construct a detailed case conceptualization (using the case you find) focusing on the factors that contribute to the diagnosis you selected. If there is no information in the case for one of the criteria in the model, say “no information available.”
d. When you get to the Diagnosis Section, construct a diagnostic justification just as you have been doing in class and for class Assignments in this class.
Case Conceptualization Model
- Detailed Demographic Information- Sex, gender identification, age, race, sexual orientation, living circumstances, school or employment status, specific safety issues, if relevant
- Referral Information-Date & source of referral. Self-referred or by parent, teacher, court, other? May include motivation for counseling.
- Previous Counseling and Other Services Received- Did the client ever go to counseling before? Was it voluntary or mandatory? What were they satisfied with that you can build upon? What didn’t work? Did they stick with it, or drop out? Why? Note, also, psyc hospitalizations, psyc medications (past or present), psychiatrist, other doc prescribing psych meds, use of community groups (e.g., AA), chaplains, ministers, faith healers
- Cultural factors and considerations – What are cultural (racial, ethnic, gender, LGBTQ+, religion/spirituality, age, ability, etc.) factors that might be contributing to, exacerbating, or mitigating the presenting problem? How might culture impact help-seeking or intervention considerations?”
- Stressors- Current environmental, developmental, and family stressors. Includes daily hassles, losses, interpersonal conflicts, peer pressures, complicating medical conditions, involvement with the legal/judicial system, trauma. Could also include living in high crime area, poverty, homelessness, presence of racism, discrimination, lack of services. Any big changes recently experienced (e.g., recent change of job, residence, becoming sober/drug free, pregnancy, or new baby). Also, history of victimization or neglect. Could also include, family history of substance abuse, family medical issues.
- Strengths and Resilience Factors- What individual strengths does the client have (like healthy coping skills)? What social supports do they have? What larger systemic supports do they have? What things are working in their favor?
- Risk Assessment/Client Problem List- Evidence of risk factors? Include personal factors (e.g., substance use, lack of or poor coping skills, lack of insight into problem, ID), systemic factors (e.g., no support, chaotic environment, homelessness, access to weapon), harm to self? Harm to others?
- Barriers (Social, Historical, and Cultural in Context)- What factors may make it difficult for the client to achieve the established goals for counseling? Anything that might get in the way? What individual, social or systemic factors might get in the way of success?
- Client’s Presenting Problems (Counselor’s View/Client’s View) – Well-defined presenting problem. Describe how the problem impacts client’s ability to function. Fulfill social roles as a student? Employee? Parent? Affecting quality of life? How does the client describe the problem? Frequency, intensity, duration? Times when it is not an issue? How does the counselor describe the problem? Can be several, separate problems.
- Diagnosis/Differential Diagnosis-
. What DSM-5TR diagnosis would be most appropriate? Give the diagnostic justification based on the DSM criteria here
. What other diagnoses (differential diagnoses) are you considering?
11.Comorbidity-Evidence of other developmental, medical issues, or a long-term history of a psychological disorder for which they are not currently seeking counseling that may by affecting the presenting problem(s) (including addictive disorders & trauma)
- Client Goals-Based on the presenting problem(s), client and counselor collaboratively establish clear, well-defined, measureable goals for counseling. What are those goals?
Compelling correspondence is essential to the achievement all things considered but since of the changing idea of the present working environments, successful correspondence turns out to be more troublesome, and because of the numerous impediments that will permit beneficiaries to acknowledge the plan of the sender It is restricted. Misguided judgments.In spite of the fact that correspondence inside the association is rarely completely open, numerous straightforward arrangements can be executed to advance the effect of these hindrances.
Concerning specific contextual analysis, two significant correspondence standards, correspondence channel determination and commotion are self-evident. This course presents the standards of correspondence, the act of general correspondence, and different speculations to all the more likely comprehend the correspondence exchanges experienced in regular daily existence. The standards and practices that you learn in this course give the premise to additionally learning and correspondence.
This course starts with an outline of the correspondence cycle, the method of reasoning and hypothesis. In resulting modules of the course, we will look at explicit use of relational connections in close to home and expert life. These incorporate relational correspondence, bunch correspondence and dynamic, authoritative correspondence in the work environment or relational correspondence. Rule of Business Communication In request to make correspondence viable, it is important to follow a few rules and standards. Seven of them are fundamental and applicable, and these are clear, finished, brief, obliging, right, thought to be, concrete. These standards are frequently called 7C for business correspondence. The subtleties of these correspondence standards are examined underneath: Politeness Principle: When conveying, we should build up a cordial relationship with every individual who sends data to us.
To be inviting and polite is indistinguishable, and politeness requires an insightful and amicable activity against others. Axioms are notable that gracious “pay of graciousness is the main thing to win everything”. Correspondence staff ought to consistently remember this. The accompanying standards may assist with improving courtesy:Preliminary considering correspondence with family All glad families have the mystery of progress. This achievement originates from a strong establishment of closeness and closeness. Indeed, through private correspondence these cozy family connections become all the more intently. Correspondence is the foundation of different affiliations, building solid partners of obedient devotion, improving family way of life, and assisting with accomplishing satisfaction (Gosche, p. 1). In any case, so as to keep up an amicable relationship, a few families experienced tumultuous encounters. Correspondence in the family is an intricate and alluring marvel. Correspondence between families isn’t restricted to single messages between families or verbal correspondence.
It is a unique cycle that oversees force, closeness and limits, cohesiveness and flexibility of route frameworks, and makes pictures, topics, stories, ceremonies, rules, jobs, making implications, making a feeling of family life An intelligent cycle that makes a model. This model has passed ages. Notwithstanding the view as a family and family automatic framework, one of the greatest exploration establishments in between family correspondence centers around a family correspondence model. Family correspondence model (FCP) hypothesis clarifies why families impart in their own specific manner dependent on one another ‘s psychological direction. Early FCP research established in media research is keen on how families handle broad communications data. Family correspondence was perceived as an exceptional scholastic exploration field by the National Communications Association in 1989. Family correspondence researchers were at first impacted by family research, social brain science, and relational hypothesis, before long built up the hypothesis and began research in a family framework zeroed in on a significant job. Until 2001, the primary issue of the Family Communication Research Journal, Family Communication Magazine, was given. Family correspondence is more than the field of correspondence analysts in the family. Examination on family correspondence is normally done by individuals in brain science, humanism, and family research, to give some examples models. However, as the popular family correspondence researcher Leslie Baxter stated, it is the focal point of this intelligent semantic creation measure making the grant of family correspondence special. In the field of in-home correspondence, correspondence is normally not founded on autonomous messages from one sender to one beneficiary, yet dependent on the dynamic interdependency of data shared among families It is conceptualized. The focal point of this methodology is on the shared trait of semantic development inside family frameworks. As such, producing doesn’t happen in vacuum, however it happens in a wide scope of ages and social exchange.
Standards are rules end up being followed when performing work to agree to a given objective. Hierarchical achievement relies significantly upon compelling correspondence. So as to successfully impart, it is important to follow a few standards and rules. Coming up next are rules to guarantee powerful correspondence: clearness: lucidity of data is a significant guideline of correspondence. For beneficiaries to know the message plainly, the messages ought to be sorted out in a basic language. To guarantee that beneficiaries can without much of a stretch comprehend the importance of the message, the sender needs to impart unmistakably and unhesitatingly so the beneficiary can plainly and unquestionably comprehend the data.>