An essay about DYSLEXIA
Dyslexia is a learning disorder which is associated with difficulties in reading due to difficulties in recognizing speech sounds and learning how they relate to letters and words.
Characteristics Associated with Dyslexia
Characteristics for children before school include;
- Late talking
- Slow rate of learning new words.
- Problems with correct formation of words such as reversing sounds in words.
- Problems remembering or naming letters, numbers and colors.
- Difficulty learning nursery rhymes.
Characteristics associated with teens and adults include;
- Slow and labor-intensive while reading and writing.
- Frequently avoiding reading related activities.
- Mispronunciation of words
- Poor reading comprehension.
- Poor spelling skills.
- Poor eye-hand co-ordination.
- They have an inconsistent listening comprehension.
- Poor oral reading skills
- Language processing difficulties.