Technological Advances in Education
Discuss Technological Advances in Education
Technology in nursing overview
- Technology use in nursing and medicine has increased- and similar approaches are similar in nursing education.
- Technology in nursing education links teachers to their students and professional content, resources and systems
- Technology improves delivery of instructions and personalization of learning.
- It facilitates strategy formulation and assessment of nursing education in classrooms and laboratory settings.
- Social media in nursing education facilitates understanding of skills in professional communication, health policy, patient privacy and ethics and competencies.
- Social media best practices:
- Learning about the audience, the people you connect with.
- Choosing the appropriate platforms for use
- Strategy development-highlighting the goals one wants to achieve in social media education (Joosten, 2012).
- Monitoring conversations that are relevant to ones profession.
- Culturally diverse learning environments may present challenges to students and teachers even the use of technology. It is important that learning approaches adopt the following strategies;
- Appreciate and accommodate the differences in culture among the students
- Build relationships with students
- Focus on the ways students learn and identify their task orientation
- Training students to align behaviors to setting
- Technology plays an important role in the effectiveness education and it contributes to better interactions between teachers, students and course material.
- Flipped classroom model-increase value in classroom time
- Online assessments through learning management systems
- The use of digital whiteboard