Clinical Field Experience A: Student Engagement in Inclusive Environments
- Time: try to use about 2 hours with observations and the other hour credited for talking to your mentor.
• Videos are in lieu of Observations
• Observe videos of an experienced teacher (must be from the approved list )
• make note of the classroom environments, paying attention to how it effects the students’ level of cognitive engagement, behavioral engagement, emotional engagement, as well as inclusion.
- Mentor Discussion: discuss with your mentor teacher your classroom description from the Topic 1- Creating Literacy Environments assignment. Ask for feedback on what you wrote.
- Turn in: (summaries and reflection)
• Video summaries that equal approximately 2 hours together. Use the template below for each video summary.
• Write a 250-500 word reflection of your video observations.
Include examples of how the teachers’ literacy environments affected students’ cognitive engagement, behavioral engagement, emotional engagement, and inclusion.
Suggest ideas on how engagement could be increased in the observed classrooms to make the classrooms even more inclusive.
Explain how these types of engagement relate to inclusion and affect motivation.
Briefly describe the feedback you received from your mentor teacher regarding your classroom description and the changes made to support inclusion.
Summary (brief summary and what you learned from the video that you could apply to your own teaching)
Note: Choose with your mentor teacher an appropriate subject and standards to address in your digital literacy lesson plan. The lesson plan will be created in Topic 4 and taught (hypothetically) in Topic 6 .