You are a scientist, and get a new job with great pay and amazing benefits. While working at the facility, you discover that your job is to create full human clones. These clones are “insurance” for really rich people, who will then have them killed to harvest their organs to prolong their life if necessary. (If you have seen the movie The Island, it is effectively the same scenario).
● According to Kant, does the categorical imperative apply to the clones? Why or why not?
● Explain Kant’s notion of the categorical imperative (at least two formulations)
● What would the categorical imperative say about this situation?
● Explain Kant’s notion of imperfect duties to others
● What would Kant’s notion of imperfect duties say to do in this situation?