Creating and Reviewing Resumes
Identify a healthcare job opportunity and create a resume tailored to that opportunity. You will share the job description and resume with your colleagues. Then, you will take on the role of an HR professional and review your colleagues’ resumes and provide them feedback on how to improve their resume and make a positive first impression.
A resume acts as a bridge between a job seeker and the prospective recruiters. As such, its importance in one’s life can never be underestimated (Vivek, 2020). Therefore, to make a good impression and stand a chance of being selected for a job, it is important to have a resume that outlines not only my educational and work experience but also awards and major objectives that one has achieved in my his/of life. However, it is important to tailor a resume to requirements and job descriptions of a particular job opportunity or vacancy. In this case, I have identified a healthcare job opportunity that was posted by Stone Clinical Laboratories, a health institution in Orleans, USA, searching for Chief operation officer.
Essential Job Functions
including, but not limited to
- Responsible for smooth and efficient operations, project execution, and capability development with a day-to-day focus on operational excellence and a long-term focus on aligning organizational capabilities with strategy and company vision.
- Manage key metrics and performance indicators related to cost, project performance, and operational performance.
- Responsible for the effective delivery of the project portfolio to meet the needs of the diverse range of lab sponsors.
- In line with the laboratory’s goal to develop and deliver leading edge science and technology, the COO is responsible for developing and maintaining an integrated capability management plan.
- Serve as a representative of the lab’s programs, operations, and core capabilities to external sponsors and stakeholders.
- Oversee all laboratory staff, procedures, scheduling, and general day-to-day lab operations.
- Ensure the lab meets all requirements and regulations, including State and Federal.
- Ensure staff compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair.
- Responsible for allocation and management of internal operational budgets.
- Ensure success against a range of metrics including Business Volume (BV), hiring and strategic hiring, operational performance and safety, and Performance Evaluation and Measurement Plan (PEMP) evaluation metrics.
- Support and drive laboratory-level continuous improvement in operational practices and systems.
- Maintain medical laboratory staff by supporting the recruitment, selection, orientation, and training of employees.
4616 N Weaverridge Blvd. Peoria IL 61615 · 309.369.9414
[email protected] · www.linkedin.com/in/TrishBenson
Professional, energetic senior healthcare executive with over 15 years’ years in healthcare, business development, operations and leadership experience. Possess strong experience in business development, healthcare administration, communication and interpersonal skills. Adept at implementing initiatives to achieve revenue and market share objectives. Driven to succeed and can bring immediate value to an organization.
MARCH 2016 – PRESENT
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER, TRANSITIONS HOSPICE
Responsible for leading and managing a comprehensive array of services and programs. Review ongoing basis services being offered and develop new programs as needs emerge and growth demands. Responsible for development, implementation, and management of the budget in conjunction with the Chief Financial Officer and Chief Executive Officer. Responsible for compliance with regard to all federal, state, and funding, regulations, certifications, and licensing requirements.
APRIL 2014 – MARCH 2016
VP OF PROVIDER RELATIONS & STRATEGY, MOSIAC HEALTHCARE
Responsible for the marketing and business development of a multi -facility organization. Maximized the level and quality of marketing along with business development programs and practices delivered at each location.
FEBRUARY 2013 – APRIL 2016
VP OF OPERATIONS, PETERSEN HEALTH CARE – ASSISTED LIVING DIVISION
Responsible for day to day operations, acquisitions, and business development of the division. Managed a team of approximately 1,000 staff members, 700 residents, and a team of regional professionals.
MARCH 2004 – FEBRUARY 2013
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING & CENSUS DEVELOPMENT, PETERSEN HEALTH CARE
Lead a marketing department for the healthcare company. Responsibilities include the management of design and implementation of new marketing materials, all collateral material and internal and external communications. Lead and coached sales professionals in over 90 locations across Illinois and Missouri, to achieve census development goals. Trained and developed marketing and admission personnel to develop census in 13 skilled facilities. Provided leadership in cold calling, relationship building and closing. Developed and implemented policies and procedures for marketing and admissions. Created audit tools for monitoring compliance and observed field efforts
2005 – 2006
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX
BACHEOLORS HEALTHCARE ADMINISTRATION, WALDEN UNIVERSI
- Competitive / Strategic
- Planning Budget
- Business Development
- Corporate Image/Branding
Vivek, R. (2020). What Organization/HR expecting From Your Curriculum Vitae and Importance Practices in SriLanka. International Journal of Information, Business and Management, 12(2), 166-172.
Giang, H. T. N., MM, E. G., Ghozy, S., Salman, S., Long, N. T., TT, H. Q., … & Sa, N. Y. (2020). Impact Factors in a Curriculum Vitae for Scholarship Application. IIUM Medical Journal Malaysia, 19(3).