Lydia is a 27 year-old G2P1 who is 24 weeks pregnant. She presents to your office with complaints of low back pain, dysuria, and nausea. She tells you that she experienced the same symptoms when she was 12 weeks pregnant but they went away on their own.
1. As you obtain Lydia’s history, what are key pieces of information that you should focus on?
2. What is the differential diagnosis for this patient?
3. What tests should you order to confirm your preliminary diagnosis?
4. What factors put pregnant women at risk for this diagnosis?
5. How would you treat Lydia?