• Use the information presented in the module folder along with your readings from the textbook to answer the following questions.
- Describe three (3) functions of a normal healthy body that help prevent the occurrence of UTIs:
- List two reasons why women are at higher risks for developing UTIs
- Briefly describe the two-step process used to diagnose UTIs. Which organism is most often responsible for causing UTIs?
- What is Vaginosis? List some of the members of the normal microflora of the female reproductive organs and discuss factors that may contribute to an abnormal increase in these organisms.
- Describe and explain the primary, secondary, latent, and tertiary stages of syphilis:
- Explain why a person with AIDS is more susceptible to opportunistic infections. What diseases or conditions might a person with HIV or AIDS be more susceptible to?