reinforcing student effort and providing recognition as a means to motivate students and, thus, increasing achievement. Do you agree with this practice? Why or why not? What are other means of providing opportunities for learner motivation and achievement?
Write a professional growth plan that you can use to reinforce effort for students that you will work with. Adhering to APA guidelines, refer to your text or outside resources in this plan. Be sure to cite your sources in the 500- to 600- word professional growth plan. Use these questions to guide your plan:
● How can I help students develop an understanding of the relationship that exists between how hard they work and their academic achievements?
● How will I provide recognition to students that are genuine and specific to the individual?
● How can I provide students with examples of effort and stories about people who have overcome odds and/or worked hard to succeed or have them share stories of their own?
● How can I develop rubrics to define what effort means in our class (or group)?
● How can I help students track their own effort?
● How can I help students understand the connections between feedback, effort, and recognition?
● How will I measure my progress as a teacher and the impact on student learning?