• MarketWatch: http://www.marketwatch.com/
• Wall Street Journal: www.wsj.com
• Yahoo Finance: finance.yahoo.com
• Daily Treasury Yield Curve Rates: http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/data-chart-center/interest-rates/Pages/TextView.aspx?data=yield
• Bloomberg: www.bloomberg.com
• Make 3 stock purchases and provide information about the companies.
Please download the Module 1 SLP template. You will type your answer into this Excel workbook. When finished with the SLP assignment, please save the document with your last name and submit to the dropbox.
1. Purchase 1 through 3: Complete 3 stock purchases of your choice. Buy at least $10,000 worth of each stock. At least one of these stocks must pay a dividend. You are free to make additional purchases. Do not sell your required stock purchases yet.
Don’t worry, you don’t have to use any fancy methods to pick these stocks. The only restrictions are they need to be publicly traded companies with data available on webpages such as Investing.com or Morningstar.com or any of the other webpages mentioned in the directions. Your choice of companies can be made based on a variety of factors. For example, you may want to invest in a company simply because you like its products and personally use them. You can also apply some of the criteria from the background readings such as the P/E ratio, or you can search the internet and see what different analysts are saying about this company.
2. You will need to include the following information for each stock in this workbook:
o Company Name
o Ticker Symbol
o Short Description of Company
o Reason for Buying
o Current Price
o Previous Close Price
o 52-week High
o 52-week Low
o Market Cap
o P/E Ratio
o Pays a Dividend? (Yes or No)
The video below should help: https://youtu.be/eAX5xJTQHMQ