Identify one of the suicide-specific case studies from Ch. 11.
Answer the following questions about your selected case study:
- How prevalent is this type of suicide, either worldwide or the U.S. (or your country if not located in the U.S.)?
- What are two or three tasks of mourning that a psychology professional should be mindful of with suicide? Boldface these.
- What is one guideline for best practices with those who have lost a loved one to suicide? Underline this.
- What are two resources to direct someone to who has experienced the death of a loved one by suicide? Please be sure that one is local to you, and one is nationally available.
- What crisis intervention model (from Ch. 1) would you apply in a case such as this? Why?