• Cover the entire medical case of a patient from their entrance to the hospital to the present time.
• Include the assessments, treatment decisions, and outcomes of those treatments.
• Include the explanation, rationale and outcomes of patient assessment, disease/trauma pathology, ventilator strategy and management, respiratory therapeutics, patient education, pulmonary rehabilitation and experimental therapies.
• Include the long-term prognosis of the patient.
• Discuss the diagnostic tools (chest x-ray, ABG, CBC, electrolytes, hemodynamics, CT-scan etc.) if applicable.
• Discuss the impact of the disease process on the respiratory system (ventilation, oxygenation, airway patency, need for mechanical ventilation and ventilation strategies) if applicable.